Good Shepherd is not a shelter. We carry out our mission through the following activities:
- Provide monthly transport (3rd Thursday every month) of cats at no charge to area low cost spay/neuter clinics in Des Moines and West Des Moines.
- Promote participation in low cost clinics offered Madison County or neighboring counties’ vet clinics when available.
- Work with shelters and rescues in neighboring counties and beyond to reduce the numbers of homeless Madison County pets.
- Implement and support a TNR (trap, neuter and release) Program to help humanely reduce cat overpopulation.
- Work with families that want to keep their pets, but need help to do so.
- Assist people in need with grants for spay/neuter of dogs and cats.
- Offer education about and support animal cruelty and neglect laws.
- Work with shelters and rescues to offer low cost microchip clinics, dog training, dog fence projects and other services in Madison County.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
President: Vicki Hibbert, St. Charles
Treasurer: Ronni Scott, Earlham
Secretary: Tami Kay Guion